Pula is a village with beautiful beaches located in the South of Sardinia, about 30 km from Cagliari, near the ancient city of Nora, built by the Phoenicians around the 8th century BC. Especially the beach of Santa Margherita, with the winds of Grecale (NE) and Libeccio (SW), becomes a good kite-spots of Sardinia. On this page you could find information for Kitesurfing Pula:
- Kitesurfing Pula: description of the kite-spot.
- Kitesurfing Lessons in Pula, Sardinia.
- Directions to Pula.
- Kite-spots near Pula.
Kitesurfing Pula, Flamingo beach: kite-spot description
- Kite Spot Name: Flamingo Beach, Pula
- Location: Municipality of Pula, Province of Cagliari, South Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Choppy / Wave.
- Minimum Required Level: intermediate.
- Best winds: Libeccio (SW) – Grecale (NE)
- Wind for waves: Grecale (NE) – Levante (E) – Scirocco (SE).
- Water temperature 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer).
- Wind range 12 – 30 knots.
- Facilities: parking.
- Things to do: kitesurfing.
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 35 Km.
- Distance from parking: 2-5 min.
The fantastic beach of Santa Margherita of Pula, especially the beach in front of the hotel Flamingo is a good kite-spot of Sardinia that works with the winds of:
- Grecale (NE), that can create great waves to ride.
- Libeccio (SW), that can blow over 20 knots.
During the Summer season, especially on weekends, Kitesurfing Pula is very complicated and most of the rime impossible because of swimmers and umbrellas.
Being Pula a wave kite-spot and given that during the summer season the beaches are very crowded, we can say that the kite-spot of Pula is a winter kite-spot suitable to expert only.
We recommend to all kiters (beginners and experts) to kitesurf to the closest kite-spots of Poetto Beach, Petrol Beach and Punta Trettu.
Kitesurfing lessons in Pula, Sardinia
As seen previously, the kite-spot of Pula is a wave spot. In addition, during the summer season, the beaches of Pula are very crowded. Therefore, the kite-spot of Pula is a winter kite-spot and is not suitable for Kitesurfing lessons.
Beginner and expert kitesurfers are recommended to move for kitesurfing and for Kitesurfing lessons to the closest kite-spots of Poetto Beach, Petrol Beach and Punta Trettu.
Directions to Pula
To reach the beach of Santa Margherita Pula from Cagliari, take he the road SS195 towards Pula-Chia. After approximately 33,5 km from Cagliari, turn to the left and follow the signs to the hotel Flamingo.
Kite-spots near Pula
Near Pula, there are the kite-spots of Poetto Beach, Petrol Beach, Punta Trettu. All these kite-spots of Sardinia are good both for beginner and advanced riders.