Would you like to Learn Kitesurfing in Sardinia? Great! Come in Punta Trettu or in Cagliari and enjoy a fantastic experience with kitesurfing! Here below you could find all information to the most frequently asked questions about our kite school and Kite Courses, Kite Lessons and other kite services proposed by our Kite Center.
- Which Kite Lessons and Kite Courses do you offer?
- Do you offer Kite Camps in Sardinia?
- Where are you and where the kite courses take place?
- Do you offer shuttle and transfer services?
- When and what time do the Kite Courses start?
- Which are the Strengths of your Kite School?
- Where can I see the offers and prices for your kite services?
- How can I book with you?
#1. Which Kite Lessons and Kite Courses do you offer?
Our Kitesurf Center proposes kite courses for all kite levels. The main difference among courses is their duration. With a longer course, you will get better skills.
By taking in consideration that all kite equipment needed for kite courses and lessons is provided by KiteGeneration, below are described the proposed Kitesurfing Lessons Sardinia and Kite Courses.
- Trial Kite Course
- Beginner Kite Courses
- Advanced Kite Courses and Kite Lessons
- Kite Courses for Children
- HydroFoil – Kite Foil Lessons
Trial Kite Course
The trial Kite Course is the best way to discover kitesurfing. The Trial Kite Course is addressed to completely beginners who have never kitesurfed before and want to learn the fundamental skills required to start kitesurfing.
With the Trial Kite Course you will learn:
- The Kite theory;
- How to arming and de-arming a kite;
- The kite taking off (or launching) and the kite landing;
- How to pilot the kite in the different areas of the flight window.
Try the Trial Kite Course, we bet that it will be not the last one!
Trial Kite Course duration
Trial Kite Course lasts 2 consecutive hours.
Beginner Kite Courses
The Beginner Kite Courses are addressed to people that like to learn to kitesurf.
We propose different Kite Courses for Beginners. The difference between the courses is their duration. Even if the kite level achieved at the end of the Kite Course could vary between each student, attending a longer kite course you will get better kite skills and level.
Proposed Kite Courses for Beginners are:
- Mini Kite Course: 2 or 3 hours of kite course in 1 session
- Basic Kite Course: 6 hours of kite course, divided in 2 or 3 sessions
- Classic Kite Course: 9 hours of kite course, divided in 3 sessions of 3 hours each
- Super Kite Course: 12 hours of kite course, divided in 4 sessions of 3 hours each
- Zero to Hero Kite Course: 15 hours of kite course, divided in 5 sessions of 3 hours each.
Even if the kite level achieved at the end of the Kite Course could change between each student, usually, with each session of 3 hours, people could be able to reach one of the Levels of Ability on Kitesurfing, that you can find here.
Once you will book one of our Kite Course for Beginners, you will get a link to download our kite manual – tutorial with useful explainations on kite learning.
Beginner Kite Course duration
Beginner Kite Courses last from 2 to 15 hours, depending on chosen kite course. A longer course means better skills.
Advanced Kite Courses
If you are already able to kitesurf to kitesurf upwind, you are condired an independent rider. In this case, if you like to improve your kite knowledge and skills, you can choose among:
- Kitesurfing Lessons per hour, in which you can decide to focus on some particular skills (e.g. Basics, Water start, Riding upwind, Jumping, etc.).
- Advanced Kite Courses, addressed to people that would like to continue their kite learning e.g. jumps, ride a surfboard, and get a better kite level!
Advanced Kite Course duration
Kitesurfing Lessons last 1 hour.
Advanced Kite Courses last 2, 3, 6, 9. 12 or 15 hours, depending on chosen kite course. A longer course means better skills.
Kite Course for Children
Are you dreaming to be the next world champion of kitesurf? Or would you like just to learn a new fun sport like kitesurfing? In this case, Learn to Kitesurf with the Kitesurfing Course for children!
The Kitesurfing Course for kids is carried out with the same program of Beginner Kite Course with some precautions and adjustments based on age and weight of kid and with a specific gear (kite, board, wetsuit, etc).
Kite Courses for Children have the same prices of other Kite Courses, and depend on duration and season.
Hydrofoil – Kite Foil Lessons
Are you able to kitesurf and would you like to learn a new exciting kind of kitesurfing? Hydrofoil – Kite Foil Lessons are what you are looking for!
Further info on Hydrofoil Lessons can be found here
Hydrofoil – Kite Foil Lessons duration
#2. Do you offer Kite Camps in Sardinia?
- Kite Course.
- Kite equipment needed for the course.
- Accommodation: in rooms with private bathroom in our re-newed Kite Center in Punta Trettu (accommodation in other locations are not foreseen); other accommodation in Punta Trettu (tent, camper-van) could be foreseen in particular cases.
- Kite license.
#3. Where are you and where the kite courses take place?
Where we are
The Headquarter of our Kite Center is in Punta Trettu, in the south west of Sardinia. We also have a branch in Cagliari, the Capital of Sardinia.
Depending on the blowing wind, usually our kite courses could be taken in:
- in Punta Trettu, considered one ot the best kite spots in Europe, located in the south-west of Sardinia (approximately 1 hour by car from the center of Cagliari);
- in the kite spots around Cagliari (approximately 20 minutes by car from the city center), that are Poetto Beach of Cagliari, and Petrol Beach.
Sometimes we could give kite courses and lessons also in other kite spots of Southern Sardinia (e.g. Villasimius and Porto Botte), but only in particular cases and favorable weather conditions. So, definitely, we can guarantee our services only in Punta Trettu and in the spots around Cagliari, Poetto Beach and Petrol Beach. Anyway, during the summer season, because many beaches are crowded, the most of times our Kitesurfing lessons take place at Punta Trettu. We change spot to find the best wind and the proper conditions for kitesurfing. In this was almost always we allow our students to kite and not be thrown on the beach waiting for a wind that does not arrive. We think that this is a big plus for everyone!!
Shuttle service for kite lessons
Shuttle Service from the center of Cagliari to Petrol Beach and Punta Trettu could be provided to our students, taking kite lessons with us, if agreed in advance and if there is availability. People that would like to take this service will move with the instructors. Especially during the summer season, the instructors could have several kite courses and, in this case, people using the shuttle service should wait that the instructors will finish all their kite courses before to go back to Cagliari. People that would like to go back immediately after their kite lessons, could ask for a private transfer service.
Have a look at the page of the KiteGeneration service prices to see the economic conditions of the different options.
The transfer service is tailored and provided in order to allow you to reach and leave the KiteGeneration Punta Trettu Kite Center from/to the Cagliari airport or train station (approx. at 80km) and the Carbonia train station (approx. at 25km) in the most effective way.
In order to select the most appropriate transfer service for you, evaluate the comfortability of your trip (e.g. number and size of the luggage, timetable of your flight and availability of the trains to from Cagliari-Elmas to Carbonia Serbariu station or viceversa) and the economic conditions of the different options at KiteGeneration service prices.
#5. When and what time do the Kite Courses start?
In the period from the end of March to the end of October, we are available for kitesurfing lessons and kite courses every day, weather conditions permitting (but usually in this period we can find wind almost every day). At other times of the year, everything depends on the weather and the kite lessons and kite courses must be agreed in advance.
We therefore recommend booking kite lessons and kite courses at all times of the year, we may not have availability for last minute requests.
Kite Lessons and Courses usually start after 12 pm (in fact, the wind, usually blows after 12 pm). Sometimes Kite Lessons and Courses can start early in the morning (at 9-10 am) or late in the afternoon (4-5 pm) when particular weather / wind conditions are present (planning and timing of kite lessons / courses usually can be fixed only 1-2 days before the lessons, when the weather forecast is more clear). For this reason, most of the times, we could advise you about the time and the kite spot where the kite lessons will take place, only the day before the lessons.
Kite Courses and Kitesurfing Lessons proposed by our Kitesurf Center are managed and organized to make the kitesurfing learning and improvement easy, fast and safe.
#6. Which are the Strengths of your kite school?
In order to provide the best quality and to guarantee the safety during the kite Courses and Lessons, our Kitesurf Center:
- Kite equipment: all kite equipment (Kite, Bar, Board, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, etc) is provided by our kitesurf center and included in the price of kite courses and lessons. We use modern kite equipment by North KiteBoarding, the world leader on sail equipment.
- Qualified Instructors: All our instructors are qualified and have many years of experience.
- VDWS Standards: During our kite lessons and courses we use the high quality standards of VDWS (International Water Sport Association) and FIV (Italian Sailing Federation) recognized by ISAF, the International SAiling Federation / Sailing World).
- Radio helmets: we use Radio Helmets, a real time coaching tool, that allow the coach to instantly train and provide feedback to the student than can immediately implement his advices. Benefits of this tool are exceptional!
- Best kite Spots: we give kite courses and kite lessons in the best kite spots of Sardinia that have the right conditions for the level of students. In case of beginners, we give classes in Punta Trettu or other easy kite spots that have flat and shallow water.
#7. Where can I see the offers and prices for your kite services?
You can have a look at our special offers and prices of our services e.g. kite courses, kite camps, accommodation, kite rental, etc, here.
#8. How can I book with you?
Have you decided to come Sardinia and enjoy Kitesurfing with us? Well, we are proud of that !! 🙂
To proceed with the booking of one of our services, you have to follow the instructions at our Kite booking page.
Thanks and a good wind in Sardinia 🙂