Costa Rei, in the South East of Sardinia, is a popular tourist destination well known for its beautiful beaches. Costa Rei is also a Kitesurfing Spot of Sardinia. On this page, you can find all info you need for kitesurfing Costa Rei.
- Kitesurfing Costa Rei: description ot the kite-spot .
- Kitesurfing Lessons in Costa Rei, Sardinia.
- Directions to Costa Rei.
- Kite Spots Near Costa Rei.
- Kite Spot Name: Costa Rei.
- Location: Municipality of Muravera, Province of Cagliari, South Sardinia.
- Kite Spot Type: Sandy, Wave.
- Minimum Required Level: intermediate / advanced.
- Best winds: Tramontana (N) – Grecale (NE).
- Wind for waves: Tramontana (N) – Grecale (NE).
- Water temperature 15 °C (winter) – 25 °C (summer).
- Wind range 12 – 35 knots.
- Facilities: parking, Bar.
- Things to do: kitesurfing, SUP.
- Distance from the centre of Cagliari: 50 Km.
- Distance from parking: < 1 min.
Costa Rei, part of the Municipality of Muravera, is famous for its crystal water and beautiful beaches. In the area of Costa Rei area, that covers about 10 km of coast from Cala Sinzias to Porto Pirastu, there are several spots for kitesurfing all with different characteristics. Anyway all the kite spots are “wave” spots, so not good for beginners.
Costa Rei and the whole east coast of Sardinia is not a very windy place. But when the wind blows well, the kitesurfing sessions here are often fantastic. The best winds for kitesurfing Costa Rei are the Grecale (NE) and the Tramontana (N), that blow side-onshore left side. Sometimes, during the sunny and warm days of the Summer season. a thermal wind (breeze) can blow up tp 14-18 knots. Please be aware that the thermal wind in Costa Rei is not easily predictable.
During the summer season, the beaches are very crowded and there are not kitesurf zones. Therefore, in the summer, kitesurf in Costa Rei is not easy and we can say that this kite spot is a winter kite spot (from October to April).
As seen above, due to the weather conditions (wind is not always blowing) and to the characteristics of the kite-spot (waves, wind not easy, beaches crowded during the summer), it is really difficult to organize kitesurfing lessons in Costa Rei.
For this reason, our kiteschool does not offer kitesurfing lessosn in Costa Rei.
For more information, please cntact us. Happy to help you!
Costa Rei is about 50 km from the center of Cagliari. From Cagliari, get the new S.S. 125 till Costa Rei.
The closest kite-spot to Costa Rei is Villasimius, As we saw earlier, the beach of Costa Rei is a wave kite-spot and winter kite-spot. Therefore if you are a beginner and you like to take Kitesurfing Lessons, you have to consider the possibility of moving to another Sardinia Kite Spot.