Contrary to popular belief, Kitesurfing is safe and easy to learn with a proper kite course, and with the proper kite equipment. With the right teaching methodology and kite instructors, with few kitesurfing lessons you will be able to do the first glides on the water! Learn to Kitesurf in Sardinia, take a Kite Course in Sardinia with our Kite Center!
Below you will find some information about our kite courses and answers to the FAQs we are asked.
- What are the strengths of your Kite Courses and Kite Lessons?
- Which type of Kite Courses and Kite Lessons do you offer?
- Which is the best Kite Course for me?
- Where do Kite Courses and Kite Lessons take place?
- Which are the requirements to learn kitesurfing?
- What is included in your Kite Courses and Kite Lessons?
- How much are kite courses and kite lessons?
- How do I book kite couses and kite lessons?
Main strengths of our Kite Courses and Kite Lessons are:
- we offer Kite Courses and lessons for all levels
- we offer different type of Kite Courses and Kite Lessons
- Kite courses and Lessons are held in flat and shallow water
- All Instructors are licensed
- All kite courses and lessons include all equipment (kite, board, wetsuit, harness, life jacket, helmet, etc.)
- The price of Kite Courses and Lessons includes student assurance
- Use of Kite Center Facilities (e.g. parking for cars and caravans, warm showers, relax area, etc) is allowed to all our students.
We offer both Kitesurfing Lessons and Kite Courses.
Kitesurfing Lessons are private one-hour kite lessons and are mostly addressed to people who already know how kitesurfing and like to start again after a long break.
Kitesurfing Courses are multi-hour packages including several hours of kite lessons and are addressed to people who would like to learn kitesurfing or who would like to progress to a specific kite level. Kite courses can be:
- Private (1 student – 1 kite) and Semi-Private Kite Courses (2-3 students, 1-2 kites), addressed to single person or to 2 or 3 friends who wanna learn kitesurfing together. Private and Semi-Private kite courses can start always, in any day of the week, if there is availability of instructors.
- Group Kite Courses, to learn kitesurfing with other people and meet new friends. Group Kite Courses follow a defined program and are planned to start in a specific day of the week. Group Kite Courses are available only in certain periods of the year (are not always available).
The best Kite Course for you depends on your actual kite level, on the kite level you wanna learn or improve, and on the time you have available. So, in order to choose the best kite course for you, have a look at the kite levels here. take in consideration that to complete each kite level you will need approximately 3 hours.
For total beginners, in order to meet the students needs, we propose Kite Courses of different duration. Even if the kite level achieved at the end of the Kite Course could change between each student, attending a longer kite course you will get better kite skills.
We have different Kite Courses for beginners:
- Mini Kite Course (B3): 3 hours of kite course in 1 session of 3 hours
- Basic Kite Course (B6): 6 hours of kite course, divided in 2 sessions of 3 hours each
- Classic Kite Course (B9): 9 hours of kite course, divided in 3 sessions of 3 hours each
- Super Kite Course (B12): 12 hours of kite course, divided in 4 sessions of 3 hours each
- Zero to Hero Kite Course (B15): 15 hours of kite course, divided in 5 sessions of 3 hours each
Our Kitesurf Center is based both in Punta Trettu and in Cagliari, in Sardinia.
Depending on the blowing wind, usually our kite classes could be taken in:
- in Punta Trettu, considered one ot the best kite spots in Europe, located in the south-west-east coast of Sardinia (approximately 1 hour by car from the center of Cagliari);
- in the kite spots around Cagliari (approximately 20 minutes by car from the city center), that are Poetto Beach of Cagliari, and Petrol Beach.
Sometimes we could use kite lessons also in other kite spots of Southern Sardinia (e.g. Villasimius and Porto Botte), but only in particular cases and favorable weather conditions. So, definitely, we can guarantee our services only in Cagliari and in Punta Trettu. During the summer season, because many beaches are crowded, the most of times our Kitesurfing lessons take place at Punta Trettu.
What skills, experience and requirements do I need to learn to kitesurf?
For learning to kitesurf you do not need to be Superman to kitesurf, even if then also you could fly! Kiitesurfing is for everyone (yes, even for you). Let’s have a look at the skills and requirements needed to kitesurf.
There is no prior experience required to learn kitesurfing. Majority of needed skills will be learned during the kite course with a qualified instructor. In terms of skills, the Minimum requirements to learn kitesurfing are:
- Be in a good health
- Know how to swim
- Weigh more than 30 Kg
- Being patient and optimistic will ease your progression.
Some previous experience in other sport could help in the process of learning, but are not necessary needed:
- any other wind sports such as windsurfing or sailing, it might help you understand more quickly the theory. However, you would need to learn how to control and fly a kite as there is nothing like it.
- any other board sports such as surfing, skateboarding, wakeboarding or snowboarding, it might help you with your balance when getting onto the board, but that does not mean that that you will be able to glide immediately on the water.
Our Kite Courses and Lessons include:
- all kite equipment (Kite, Bar, Board, Harness, Wetsuit, Helmet, etc),
- radio systems to guarantee a perfect communication
- rescue service.
To know how much are our kite courses and lessons, please refer to our Price List page.
to book kite course and kite lessons, as well other kite services, please refer to our Kitesurf booking page.