At this page you can find the answer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
FAQs about KiteGeneration
- What does KiteGeneration offer? KiteGeneration is a Kitesurf Center that offers kitesurf, SUP, Tours, Accommodations and other services!
- Where is KiteGeneration located? KiteGeneration has two offices, one in Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia, and one in Punta Trettu, in the South West of Sardinia, considered the best Kite Spot in Europe.
- Where can I have a look at the prices of services offered by KiteGeneration? You can have a look at all prices of services offered by KiteGeneration at this page www.kitegeneration.com/prices
- How can I pay your services? We accept payments by Cash, Bank Transfer, VISA and Mastercard Cards.
- Are you also offering accommodation? Yes, we can offer accommodation in Punta Trettu and Cagliari.
- How can I book a service with you? To book a service with us, you have to follow the instructions at the registration page, here.
- I have booked a service with you. Do I need to bring anything with me? You just need swimsuit, a towel and suncream. We suggest you to bring something to protect you at the end of the service, like a sweatshirt, because it could be cold.
- What happens if the weather conditions are not suitable on the day I have booked an active service e.g Kitesurf Lessons, SUP Lessons / Tours (rental is not considered an active service)? If the weather conditions are unsuitable for your booked servicee, you could choose among other services, or we could re-schedule your service. In case it will be impossible to complete your service, you will be refunded in proportion to the taken hours. No refund will be provided for other reasons no depending by us or by weather conditions.
- Can I buy Kite, SUP and other gear from you? Yes. We have kite, SUP, Wetsuits, T-Shirt, Sunglasses, Caps and other gear available for sale. Our stock is limited so, if you wish to buy something from us, we suggest you to contact us in advance. . We have very limited stock so it is better that you contact us in advance.
- How can I contact you? You can contact us by email or whatsapp. You can find all our contacts at the Contact Us page.
- Is kitesurfing dangerous? We only use the latest and safest equipment, all of which have ‘let-go’ safety systems that kill 100% of the power of the kite on demand.
- Can kids and old people learn to Kitesurf? Of course! Kitesurfing is a great sport for people of all ages. The only requirements are that you are in a good health, you can swim and you are comfortable in the water and that you want to learn to kitesurf.
- Is there a minimum age limit for children wishing to learn? Our minimum age is 8 years old and at least 35 kg.
- Am I too old for Kitesurfing? Generally most kitesurfers are middle aged and often into their 60′s. The oldest kitesurfer that got lessons with us was 72 years young! Kitesurf is suitable for everyone who has a good health and that is capable to swim!
- I am not able to swim. Can I learn to Kitesurf? If you are not able to swim, you can learn how to control a kitesurf on the beach or in the shallow water. Mini Kite Course for Beginners could be suitable for you! For the phases that need to be in the water (body brag, water starts, etc) you do not have to be a fantastic swimmer, but you do need to be able to swim.
- In which spot the kite lessons will run? Depending on the blowing wind, usually our classes are taken in Punta Trettu in the south-west-east coast of Sardinia (approximately 1 hour by car from the center of Cagliari) and in the spots around Cagliari (15-20 minutes by car from the city center). We give lessons also in other kite spots of Southern Sardinia (e.g. Villasimius. Chia and Porto Botte), but just in particular cases and conditions. During the summer season, because many beaches are crowded, the most of times our Kitesurfing lessons take place at Petrol Beach or Punta Trettu (we choose daily the best kite spot depending on wind conditions).
- When and what time the kite courses run? Kite Lessons usually start after 12 pm, with some cases of early morning classes (starting at 9-10 am) or late afternoon (starting also after 4 pm), when particular weather conditions or several other kite courses are present.
- I don’t have car for movements to the kite spots. Do you offer a Shuttle Service? Shuttle Service to the Kitesurfing spots could be offered from Cagliari, with a daily fee. People that like to take this service, will move with the instructors. Especially during the summer season, the instructors could have several courses: in this case, the students that got the shuttle service, should wait the instructors will finish their lessons before to go back. People that would like to go back immediately after their kite lessons, could ask for a private driver/shuttle service by paying an extra cost.
- How long does it take to learn to Kitesurf? The individual attitudes for learning kitesurf can be very different from student to student: they can depend on age, practiced sports, athletic and mental conditions, etc; therefore the time required for learning kitesurf can be different for each student. With the Beginner Kite Course the instructors of Kitegeneration bring the students to control the kite and to have at least the first water-start and glide on the water.
- I had already kite lessons. Could I rent a Kite? For safety reasons, Kite Rental Services are available to independent riders that have at least the kite level 5.
- Is stand up paddle boarding (SUP) something I can do? Most people can and they love it! It is relatively easy to learn and usually people pick up the basics the first day of learning. All ages and skills levels can do it.
- How long will SUP take to learn? It’s really learn this sport and it’s not uncommon for first-time paddlers to stand up and paddle within 10 minutes.
- Is SUP suitable for children? Yes! However, they need to be over 10 years old.
- Do I need any prior experience for SUP Tours? No! Our tours are suitable also for novice. We’ll show you what to do if it’s all new for you. Anyway, if you wish, you can have SUP lessons.
- Which Kind of Tours do you offer? We offer boat tours in Cagliari, Villasimius and in place around Punta Trettu (e.g. Carloforte, Masua, Pan di Zucchero, Sant’Antioco, Porto Pino, Cala Zafferano). We offer also SUP tours in Cagliari, Villasimius and in Punta Trettu.
- How long are the tours? Standard Tours takes approximately 2,5 / 3 hours. On request, we could organize also longer tours.